Southern Gulf Surveys (SGS) was formed in Dec 2005 with the aim of providing an alternative source of professional and cost effective Hydrographic Surveying and associated services to the private and public sectors of the UAE and surrounding GCC states. SGS will provide employment for a range of personnel in the surveying profession and associated support & administration fields. The shareholders of the company will also expect to receive a suitable return on their investments.
One of the major aims of SGS is to gradually expand and become one of the leading providers of surveying services within the MENA region. This expansion is to be based on the highest professional and ethical standards which will ensure long term relationships are maintained with all of our valued clients. Growth of the company however is to be carefully controlled to ensure standards are not compromised.
Services provided include:-
• Single & Multibeam Bathymetric Surveys
• Topographic & Cadastral Surveys
• Mobile Laser Scanning (roads, service corridors, beach studies, wadis, stockpiles & earthworks)
• Static Laser Scanning (internal & external buildings, bridges etc.)
• Land & Marine Geophysical Surveys (including marine UXO, and buried services detection)
• Metocean Data collection (currents, waves, tides & weather)
• Shallow water Satellite Derived Bathymetry & Seabed Classification
• Dredging and Marine Construction Support Services
• Micro ROV Video Inspection, underwater video & stills photography, drop cams & towed cams.
• Personnel, Equipment & Vessel Hire
• Sediment Transport (particle tracing for sand & silt)
• Plume/Dye Tracking (power & desalination plant intakes, outfalls etc.)
• Aerial Drone Surveys (Orthomosaic, DTM, topo detail, vegetation mapping & health monitoring)
SGS have an office in Abu Dhabi, storage, workshop and berthing facilities in Mussafah, and access to office & storage space through our partners in Muscat in the Sultanate of Oman, Doha Qatar, and Manama Bahrain.
Our Managing Director and major shareholder Steve Hart started his surveying career in 1976, and has extensive experience in the fields of Hydrographic & Land Survey, Nautical Charting, Marine Geophysics, Oceanography and the Dredging Industry.
We believe the key to our success will be to maintain long term relationships with our list of over 150 clients. This is to be achieved by consistently producing results to high standards, within allotted timeframes, and in a cost effective manner.
To ensure we meet with the requirements of local laws, Southern Gulf Surveys are registered with the Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce and Abu Dhabi Municipality, for survey works, and onshore & offshore gas & oilfield services. We also have Professional Indemnity, Workmen’s Compensation, Public Liability, Hull & Machinery, All Risks, Scuba Diving, and Staff Medical Health Care insurances in place which are valid throughout the GCC.